To install Libreoffice 4.0 in fedora 17 / fedora 18
To install Libreoffice 4.0 in fedora 17 / fedora 18, steps are given below
- Download archive from http://www.libreoffice.org/download :
- Unpack the downloaded archive
- Open a terminal window
- Change directory to “rpms” in the terminal[ eg :cd /path_of_extracted_content/rpms]
- Execute the command : su -c ‘yum install *.rpm’
- Change to subdirectory called “desktop-integration” in the terminal[eg : cd desktop-integration]
- Execute the command : su -c ‘yum install *freedesktop*.rpm’
You can access all the LibreOffice applications in your desktop’s Applications/Office menu.
Note: You need to uninstall any other version for desktop integration package to install.