To remove duplicate icons from applications menu in activities of gnome 3 / 3.2 – fedora 15 / 16
First check gnome menu Categories from /etc/xdg/menus/applications-gnome.menu file by opening it using any text editor.
Next step is to note down icons that are repeating from application menu from gnome activities.
The menu icon information file for each application is located in the /usr/share/applications.
GNOME uses .desktop files to populate its Applications view. These text files are in
/usr/share/applications. It is not possible to edit these files from a folder view ‒ Nautilus does not treat their icons as text files. Use a terminal to display or edit .desktop file entries.
Find the menu icon file from /usr/share/applications & Open the file from “terminal” using any text editor like nano, vi.
# ls /usr/share/applications # nano /usr/share/applications/example.desktop
Remove any repeating categories as mentioned in the /etc/xdg/menus/applications-gnome.menu.
Repeat it for the all the files that having repeating icons problem.
But this one is temp fix. Again this problem may repeat after each system update.🙂
- How to Solve Activation Issue Draftsight CAD Software [free version]
- Microsoft account services unavailable error windows phone
- Convert pdf & open in auocad/cad software using open source softwares
- Paste Spreadsheet from libreoffice / openoffice Calc to thunderbird
- Fix Flash Video is half or green or not proper problem on intel graphics card
Top Posts & Pages
- Turn off / Add water Mark in Libre office
- To rotate an image in libreoffice [90 /180]
- Paste web pages with text & images in Libreoffice 3.5 / Libreoffice 3.6
- To activate Maildir in Thunderbird
- Hide / Remove icon view /entries from Applications view in Gnome 3
- Remove apostrophe used for text formatted number in Libreoffice
- Change Kde application or dolphin font in gnome
- Import or migrate mbox to maildir in thunderbird
- Double / two / multiple icon of thunderbird main window in system tray when minimized to taskbar or close window to taskbar
- Connect/ mount Android mobile phone Internal Storage in Linux